Event Phone: (713) 517-2204
This in-person class covers America’s Boating Course, which is an approved Texas Parks and Wildlife Department boating safety course. The class takes 6-8 hours, and concludes with an exam.
- Types of boats and their uses
- Boating laws, both federal and state
- Safety equipment, both required and recommended
- Finding your way in good or adverse conditions
- Trailering, knots and lines, and water sports topics
- Optionally, introduction to electronic navigation using paper charts and chartplotters
Attendees will be provided with documents from the State of Texas and Federal sources for easy reference to boating laws and regulations. Everyone will also receive a collection of pamphlets and brochures oriented towards recreational boating.
Note: You will register here to pay for the course, the TPWD boater license and a book are optional (but you will pay here if you want the license and/or book). If you are going to get a State of Texas boater license, please remember to also find this course online (here) and also register with Texas Parks and Wildlife (free) so we can pay and process your application.
Anyone born on or after September 1, 1993 who wishes to operate certain vessels on the public waterways of Texas must complete this course. Minimum age of certification is 12 years old. You must be 13 to legally operate certain vessels alone on the public waters of Texas.
- Saturday, May 7, 2022
8:00 am - 4:30 pm