Event Phone: (713) 517-2204
This in-person class is the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department boating safety course. The class takes 6-8 hours, and concludes with a short exam.
- Types of boats and their uses
- Boating laws, both federal and state
- Safety equipment, both required and recommended
- Finding your way in good or adverse conditions
- Trailering, knots and lines, and water sports topics
Attendees will be provided with documents from the State of Texas and Federal sources for easy reference to boating laws and regulations, and good on-the-water practices. Everyone will also receive a collection of pamphlets and brochures oriented towards recreational boating.
Note: You will register here to pay the tuition for the course. The TPWD boater certificate is optional (but you will pay during registration if you want the certificate). If you are going to get a State of Texas boater certificate, please remember to also find this course online (here) and also register with Texas Parks and Wildlife (free) so we can pay and process your application.
- Saturday, November 4, 2023
8:00 am - 4:30 pm