Overwhelmed by all those functions on your GPS or chart plotter? Want to use your tablet or smartphone to help you navigate on your boat? Interested in using a desktop computer program to plan your cruise and then copy that information to your GPS? This course covers the topics you need and want to know.
- Navigating by establishing waypoints and routes
- Running the planned courses
- Electronic charting software for the desktop computer
- Tablet and smartphone apps that provide the electronic navigation function at the helm
- Hands-on exercises on a PC that simulates GPS functions
- Using charting software and a chart plotter emulator
- Overview of the Automatic Identification System (AIS)
This course is usually completed in 8 two-hour sessions: six sessions of study, one session of review and one session for the exam.
You must have the USPS Electronic Navigation book in order to complete the course. Only one required per household.
Electronic Navigation Course Costs
Tuition must be paid during class registration via PayPal or by check / cash prior to the start of the class. Books and other materials should be purchased during registration, or may be available the day of the class. Supply of optional materials cannot be guaranteed if not ordered during registration.
|Course Tuition Fee (one required):|
|USPS Members / Voucher||$40.00|
|Sea Scouts / USCGA / Partners||$80.00|
|Electronic Navigation Book (one required per household)||$68.00|